How to Generate a Full Backup in cPanel
To generate a full backup in cPanel:
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Files section, click on the Backup icon.
- Under Full Backup, click Generate/ Download a Full Website Backup.
- On the next page, select the Remote FTP Server option from the Backup Destinationdrop-down menu.
- For Email Address, select whether or not you wish to receive an email notification once the backup is complete. (You may also change the notification email address in the provided field if you wish. Put your email address to receive a notice if the backup is sucessful or not)
- Remote server: DomainName or IPAddress
- Remote User: username
- Remote Password: password
- Port: 21
- Remote Dir: /
- Click Generate Backup.